Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fil-Am Star Cafe & Bakery (Atlanta, GA)

Stopped by a local Filipino restaurant yesterday. This was my 3rd time going and I was just as satisfied as the other times. I wouldn't say the food is exceptionally great but definitely hits the spot when you have a Filipino food craving.













Kare Kare
Braised tale and tariffe with eggplant, bok choy in a peanut sauce.
Served with bagoong (a salty shrimp paste)


























Lechon
Roasted whole pig (love the crispy skin)
Served with a liver based sauce





























Halo Halo
Assorted tropical fruits in syrup, top with shaved ice, cream and ice cream.
Ours even had a small piece of leche flan on top.
















Served family style, there was plenty to share and I even had some leftover kare kare to take home. I'm sure I will be back again (even though I do make my own Filipino food lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment